Saturday, August 29, 2009

the big day out

i went to Australia for the day taking my two down south for a bit of fun as we have no car over there any more i had to take public transport while some find this a problem i think it is a relaxing way to get around. As we made our way around the system one of the buses we had to get went past the motorway now in my final checks before leaving at 730am i clicked on a news items about an accident at 530am on a certain bridge in this city which if anything happens on that bridge this city stops well the traffic was crawling the inbound to get on to the motorway was full as was the cars in suburban streets to get on as we approached our destination and got a final look at the inbound traffic it was still crawling as far back at that point at 930am. To get to work these days it takes a 30 to 40 min walk depending on my speed at that time of the morning and 25min to walk home with the singing of the birds to keep me company up and back (sometimes auntie liddy drives me home but i think i will have to stop that as i am to FAT for her car) This makes remember how lucky i am to be working were i am on an island with no traffic worries. it was not always like this my former routine was to join all thous people on the motorway and try to get to work it would go some thing like this would get up turn on radio hear that there has been an accident on that bridge i would race around get ready get in the car drive down to motorway get on and drive as far as i could before stopping and traveling at 10km an hour and get to work 2 or 3 hours later it was the same coming home. when i worked on a Saturday that motorway would get me to work in 20min so weekday 3hrs weekend 20min this used to make me mad why well when we were living down south it used to take me 2.5 hrs to drive from my home on the south coast to my job in the city hear it was taking 3hrs to travel 20min down two motorways as a result we moved to this island. and i changed jobs

No comments:

Post a Comment